Our team is small but we are growing!
Quack Health was created in 2014 by Jessica Johnson. A Chicago native, Jessica studied nursing at Lewis University in Romeoville, Illinois where she graduated with honors. After nursing school, she worked in a fast paced trauma intensive care unit for over 6 years. Following her passion for health and people, she went on to graduate school at Loyola University Chicago, where she studied health systems.
The idea for Quack came from multiple influences within her life; beginning with her career in nursing. After seeing firsthand how low health literacy can affect people every day, she decided to do something about it. In 2014, the idea for Quack Health was born to make learning about your health accessible, understandable, and most importantly, fun! (And here you will find the birthing of a crazy idea that maybe we can help someone and change the way we all see health!)
Quack is built on contributions from people sharing their stories and wisdom relating to health, healthcare and wellness. Contributors and volunteers are needed to keep our content fresh and up-to-date! Check out the volunteer opportunities and don't forget to Share Your Story.
Volunteer Health Researcher
This could be you, but you're playing!
- Assist with research for all health, wellness, and lifestyle content for Quack Health, including but not limited to, trends, chronic disease, and acute illness.
- Perform literary research for product features and content
- Produce basic thorough, cited, scientific educational articles, as well as in-depth work
- Perform audits and fact-checks of cited content
Volunteer Content Editor
This also could be you, but once again, you're playing!
- Copy edit and fact check all health, wellness, and lifestyle content for Quack Health, including editorial features, blog posts, slideshows, headlines/display copy, multimedia, and marketing copy
- Query appropriate writers and editors to resolve any issues with copy
- Maintain and periodically update all health, wellness, and lifestyle -related Quack Health copy editing resources and guides to make sure they are accurate and reflect any editorial change
Our blog is focused on educating the everyday person about health and health related content to create empowerment and and become critical health consumers.
There are always ways to contribute and volunteer. Don't see a opportunity that fits? Contact Us